UKG Recognized as a Top Workplace for IT Professionals
- HR Tech Awards
- Published on December 1, 2023
UKG, a global leader in HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions, has been named the third-best place to work in IT for large companies by Computerworld's 2024 Best Places to Work in IT list.
This recognition underscores UKG's commitment to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work environment where IT professionals can thrive.
It's the third consecutive year that UKG has climbed the Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT list, advancing two spots from #5 on the 2023 list and ranking #6 in 2022 on the U.S.-only list, prior to the award going global.
UKG's strong performance in the rankings is a testament to its comprehensive employee-centric initiatives, including its commitment to diversity, benefits, IT growth, and career development. The company's dedication to creating a positive work culture where employees feel valued and empowered has been instrumental in attracting and retaining top IT talent.
Life at UKG
UKG cares for its more than 15,000 employees — known as U Krewers — worldwide through a range of comprehensive benefits, employee resource groups (ERGs), and opportunities for career development and pursuing passion projects through its quarterly “Spark[Tank]” and “48 Hours” global innovation and programming events.
The company’s standout benefits program is highlighted by:
- Fully paid healthcare premiums for medical, dental, and vision — including for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents — for the majority of employees, with coverage for infertility treatments, gender affirmation surgery, and surrogacy reimbursement, where allowed.
- A 45% dollar-for-dollar company match on employee retirement-fund contributions in the U.S. and Canada, up to federal limits, as well as retirement-matching programs worldwide.
- A global equitable benefits program called U Choose, launched in January 2023, which provides annual funds that U Krewers can use for over 150 different life expenses, from childcare and kids’ extracurriculars to pet care and personal wellness or lifestyle activities.
- At least two paid days off for volunteering annually, through the company’s Global Volunteer Time-Off Policy. Together, this represents more than 245,000 hours of global impact each year.
UKG offers nine diverse, inclusive ERGs for community members and their allies to help build a culture of trust, equity, and belonging for all U Krewers. This includes groups such as BUILD (Black U Krewers in Leadership and Development); FIRE Up (Female Inclusion, Resilience, and Excellence) for women at all levels of the organization; NEST, which nurtures, empowers, and supports parents and caregivers through community, resources, support, and advocacy; and VETS for military veterans, their families, and their friends, along with UKG colleagues and supporters of veterans.
Spark[Tank], 48 Hours Programming Events
Recognizing that great ideas and innovation can come from anyone in the organization, UKG hosts two structured innovation programs open to all U Krewers worldwide: Spark[Tank] and the corresponding 48 Hours event. Spark[Tank] is a hybrid event that connects people across the company to foster innovation at UKG, and 48 Hours is a two-day, marathon coding event during which UKG engineers help bring the Spark[Tank] ideas to life.
Participants present working concepts to a panel of UKG leaders, and the winning projects are often added to the UKG product roadmap. Over the years, concepts from 48 Hours have become award-winning UKG solutions, such as UKG Pro Giving, which allows companies to easily create and match charitable giving campaigns directly through employee payroll deductions.
“UKG strives to help every organization become a great place to work, and that mission shows up in the ways we value, respect, and care for our U Krewers every day,” said Scott Howitt, chief digital officer at UKG. “Just as we’re committed to providing our 80,000 customers across industries with innovative HCM solutions that help create top workplaces for their employees, we’re equally focused on making UKG the best place to work for our more than 15,000 U Krewers across the globe — including the hundreds who work in enterprise-technology roles.”
See their jobs at https://careers.ukg.com/