Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Customer Base Value Management team is tasked with serving as an internal coach to our sales executives and leaders and a trusted advisor to our customers and prospects, helping them develop their enterprise technology strategy and articulate and measure the value of Workday. We have the privilege of advising leaders from the C-Suite of the world’s largest corporations to the all-knowing Finance Analyst behind the scenes at small organizations. We are industry specialists, workmates, teammates, and coaches. We are Value Managers!
Workday is looking for a Value Manager to join our team and support our Customer Base Large Enterprise regions. A successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of the business impact that enterprise cloud applications can deliver to organizations, a consultative and collaborative approach to customer engagement, a passion for innovation, and a desire to play a key role in implementing value management strategy across one of Workday’s fastest growing business groups.
About the Role
As a Value Manager, you will:
- Develop relationships as a consultant and business advisor to a team of Workday Account Executives – working alongside them to engage, excite, and enable Workday Customers throughout their enterprise transformation.
- Drive engaging discovery interviews with Finance, IT, and HR customers to understand business processes and challenges within their organizations.
- Help customers define their roadmap with Workday in a way that optimizes value outcomes and strategic objectives
- Develop and deliver compelling, highly narrative and engaging business case materials and presentations
- Conduct consultative quantitative analysis, return on investment modeling, and capability benchmarking
- Drive the strategic vision for the CB Value Management team by creating and sharing new best practices, innovation frameworks, and thought leadership
- Experience in consulting, finance, corporate strategy, value engineering, or other applicable roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or MS encouraged
- Experience with workforce or finance technology transformation.
- Functional experience in any of the following industries: manufacturing, retail, transportation or technology.
- Strong consulting skill-set including excellent discovery, quantitative modeling, listening, collaboration, communication, and executive presence.
- Deeply curious about a variety of business models, highly motivated to have an impact on customers, and broadly interested in using technology to address business problems.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites up to 30%; typically, “day trips;” you control personal travel schedule
- Passion to work in a team environment and share creative ideas regularly
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, pleaseclick here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $122,000 USD - $183,000 USD
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $122,000 USD - $183,000 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!