The Contracts Specialist will be a key member of the General Counsel’s Office, providing support to the General Counsel’s Office attorneys and other professionals on contract and other corporate matters. Responsibilities
The Contracts Specialist reports to the Manager, Sr. Corporate Counsel and will work from our office in Dublin, Ireland.
- Review, analyze, and negotiate requests for revisions to sales and vendor agreements, draft responses as appropriate, and identify exceptions for review by attorneys in line with Legal guidelines. Provide recommendations relating to any exceptions or escalations.
- Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, in line with Legal guidelines.
- Maintain and revise contract templates and related legal resources for review by the Sr. Corporate Counsel or above, as necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales, Finance, and other supporting cross-functional teams to answer questions and resolve issues related to commercial contracts.
- Provide guidance on contract terms to internal stakeholders and answer questions about contracts and the approval process, as needed.
- Conduct historical contract review and prepare contract summaries for Legal and Account Management and collaborate on contracting approach for upcoming renewals.
- Draft form contracts using proper templates and within established service levels.
General Corporate Support
- Review, prepare and collect bankruptcy paperwork and filings, as needed.
- Assist in maintaining contract and document management systems, as necessary.
- Support other Legal professionals as needed, including gathering information for trademark, copyright and patent filings, preparing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and other materials and communications, policy and process communications, litigation hold notices, and other matters.
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of department policies and procedures as they relate to job function.
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects within the Legal department, as needed.
- Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts, preferably in a high-volume sales organization.
- Ability to review and analyze complex software as a service, software licensing, professional services, and/or other technology transactions, and execute next steps in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team.
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
- Strong customer orientation focus, and success in creating a superior customer experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with the management and executive team, and company employees, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in displaying passion, drive, adaptability and innovation.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build solid working relationships within various areas/business functions of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Associates or higher in Paralegal Studies or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience of contracts related and corporate paralegal experience preferred.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our approach helps us to build a winning team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. So, regardless of how your diversity expresses itself, you can find a home here at iCIMS.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.